This easy kids’ art project will be the best gift for grandparents, or a precious keepsake photo frame on your wall knowing those little hands made it all by themselves. We made a personalized photo collage frame from an old, and plain one. My kids were 3, and 6 years old when we did it and they enjoyed this suitable for kids’ art crafts a lot more than I thought.
How to Make a Keepsake Frame Even a Toddler Can Design
- An old or a plain collage photo frame (a regular frame can work as well)
- Gentle sanding paper
- We used tempera paint for drawing
- Paint brushes
- Old dried felt pens ( I knew I had to save them for something, LOL)
- Spray varnish
Steps for this personalized photo collage frame
- Let your kids gently sand the photo collage frame
- Use the white tempera to color the whole frame. If the brushes can’t make a smooth white surface, use a sponge to paint it evenly as we did
- Now the fun part… Place many colors on a pallet
- Take dry felt pens and let your kids draw colored dots on a frame, creating beautiful designs, full of flowers, and abstract art they will create
- Once it is dry spray it with varnish so it lasts longer and looks nicer
Here is a quick YouTube Short video on how we made our personalized photo collage frame.
Isn’t this a great way to recycle your dry markers and reuse them for other purposes?
Use this Keepsake Frames Craft as a:
- Unique gifts for first-time grandparents, and place photos of their grandkids, and the entire family. I am sure this is the most unique and personalized gift they can get.
- Personalized gift for aunt and uncle
- A surprise gift for dad on his birthday
- Or just as a keepsake memory from your kids
Where to buy a low-budget plain collage photo frame?
For this kind of project, you don’t need an expensive photo frame. You just need a plain wooden one. So your best low price frames can be found on:
More Crafting Gift Ideas Kids Can Make
- Gift ideas from clay – suitable for toddlers and bigger kids
- 3d face, footprint, or handprint of your kids
- Personalized Mother’s Day card
- Personalized Father’s Day card
- Christmas gift ideas – DIY