Have you ever wondered why do toddlers love stickers so much and do they provide any benefits for your little ones? It surely gives them a sense of accomplishment when they successfully peel off a sticker and place it on something, and are truly fascinated by the bright colors and shapes. But after you read this article you will let them enjoy this toddler activity even more!
What Are the Benefits of Stickers for Toddlers
- Aids in the development of fine motor skills: Toddlers need to work on their fine motor skills to improve their hand-eye coordination.
- Hand-eye coordination: Stickers require them to use their fingers to peel and stick which enhances their fine motor skills. It also correlates with writing and drawing skills
- They help develop a pincer grip at the earliest kids’ age. They need to peel it off and stick it on paper. It is a perfect activity to use the thumb and forefinger in order to pick up small objects
- Boosts creativity: Kids are creative and imaginative creatures. Give them some stickers, and they will come up with amazing stories and pictures from the stickers provided.
- Enhances cognitive development: Stickers are great tools for parents to teach their toddlers new things. Whether it’s shapes, colors, or animals, stickers expose toddlers to a world of learning.
- Helps develop fine motor bilateral coordination – It is the ability to control the right and left sides of the body to communicate and make organized movements (like holding a paper while peeling off a sticker, or riding a bike)
- Promotes independence: Toddlers love the feeling of independence, and stickers give them the opportunity to be independent. They can peel the stickers and decide where to place them.
- Stimulates communication skills: Stickers provide an opportunity for parents and their toddlers to talk about what they are doing or creating. It is a great way to stimulate communication skills, enhance vocabulary, and stimulate curiosity.
- Encourages recognition: Stickers can help improve the recognition of objects at an early age. These visuals can aid in the identification of certain objects, animals, and shapes.
- Provides entertainment: Toddlers lose interest quickly. Stickers can provide entertainment for a long duration, helping to avoid boredom during long car rides or relaxing weekends.
- Overall, stickers provide numerous benefits to toddlers learning and growth, and it is an activity that both the parent and child can do together.
RELATED ARTICLE: Are Soft-Soled Shoes Best for First Steps
**Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Best Stickers for Toddlers
- Large, easy-to-peel stickers: Toddlers don’t have fine motor skills yet, so stickers that are too small or difficult to peel can be frustrating for them. Choose stickers that are big and easy to peel off the sheet.
- Foam stickers: Foam stickers are easy to grip, and their thickness makes them easy to peel and stick without tearing. They come in various bright and fun shapes that will catch the attention of toddlers.
- Vinyl stickers: These are durable and easy to clean, making them ideal for toddler use. They can also be repositioned without losing their adhesive power.
- Scratch and sniff stickers: Toddlers love to use their senses. Scratch-and-sniff stickers are a fun way to stimulate their sense of smell while also having fun.
- Decorative Tape: Decorative tapes are also a great way to decorate for kids who haven’t yet mastered the skill of handling stickers. They’re easy to apply, and they come in a wide range of colors and designs.
RELATED ARTICLE: My Toddler Doesn’t Want to Eat
When Should I Introduce Stickers to My Toddler?
After your toddler stops putting everything in their mouth, it is the best time to introduce sticker activities. By the age of 18 months, it is largely possible. You may give it a shot earlier and observe how your toddler acts. Does it understand what to do with a sticker and how to play with it? Will he put it in his mouth? Once your child understands it is a fun activity, go ahead and let them play.
Best Reusable Sticker Books for Toddlers
These are highest rated sticker books for kids on Amazon. They have the most pleased parents with awesome reviews.
2. Melissa & Doug Reusable Sticker Pad: Habitats – 150+ Reusable Stickers
3. Melissa & Doug Blue’s Clues & You! Restickable Stickers Pad
4. JOYIN 36 PCS Make-a-face Sticker Sheets Make Your Own Animal Mix and Match Sticker Sheets
5. Melissa & Doug Puffy Sticker Activity Book: Mermaids – 65 Reusable Stickers
RELATED ARTICLE: How to Make a DIY Kinetic Sand with 2 Ingredients
Other Sticker Activities for Toddlers
There are numerous other sticker activities for kids!
- Get collectible sticker books: Maybe with some popular cartoon characters or superhero
- Buy stickers and allow them to decorate their kids’ kitchen – My kids loved to do this!
- Buy duct tape in many colors. Let them cut the shapes and stick them on a piece of paper. They can make beautiful duct tape collage art from it.
- Create your memory cards with stickers
- Draw 10 circles and have the toddler count and place stickers in the circles.
- Create a simple 5-box grid and have the toddler count and place stickers in each box.
- Have the toddler create an image with differently shaped stickers.
Benefits of Stickers for Parents
- they are mess-free
- low on the budget
- They keep toddlers and kids busy and entertained so you can do your other mom stuff
That’s it, moms and dads! Hope you understand a little better now why toddlers love stickers so much. It’s not just pure fun. They learn and develop through games. Isn’t that amazing!?
Want to save this article for later?