This geometric painting on canvas for 3-year-olds is a simple kids’ activity that turns out to be a perfect precious gift for your loved ones. If your toddler enjoys painting it is a great opportunity to turn your child’s art into gifts!
A year ago this was a perfect uncle and aunt gift idea when they were moving away. It was small, easy to pack, and a great keepsake memory from their nieces. I can still see the pride in their eyes once they handed their gifts.
In the title, I said it is for 3-year-olds, but this really is an artwork all kids and adults can make. Breathing in personal colors and soul into it makes it a unique abstract geometric artwork!
Let’s Make this Geometric Painting on Canvas
- Painting canvas in the desired size
- Nail striping tape – or any sticky tape you have
- Glliter – optional
- Just make any shapes you desire with tape. We made triangles.
- You can make squares if you prefer
- Kids can color it and design it as they wish.
- Take the tape off right away, while the paint is still wet. If you wait, and it dries out, you may crack the paint
Their uncle and aunt were thrilled with their gift idea. This is great kids’ project for a gift on a budget.
Here is a video tutorial on how we did it
** DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you buy something via my links. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I always support only products that I truly love and use.
Kids can’t resist creating geometric art on canvas! You will see it!
When you’re finished creating your masterpiece, hang it in a prominent place for all to see and enjoy.
Not only can your kids create abstract art pieces with this method, but they can also learn to identify shapes and angles.
Why Does Gifting Make Kids Happy?
The rush of emotions and happiness we feel when the recipient of a gift shows their excitement when receiving a gift releases endorphins. It hits our brain and gives us euphoric feelings as if we were achieving a greater good. And we were!
- Gift-giving teaches kids the joy of sharing.
- It makes them better people once they grow up.
- There is also a chemical response with many health benefits, that takes place in our body in response to – just doing something nice.
Other Art Activities for 3-year-olds:
- Decorate an old boring collage photo frame
- Make a fun bracelet from a toilet paper roll
- Make rainbow-themed birthday invitations
There are many benefits to drawing for kids!
Besides less screen time this is a great activity that could entertain kids for hours. There is something about drawing that develops their imagination, that always surprises me.
Paint with your kids, and let them get messy! They will always remember those happy moments with you.
Turn your child’s art into gifts, they are priceless.
If you have kids who are interested in art, this is a great project to share with them. It’s fun, and easy and will help them develop their creativity. And who knows? Maybe someday they’ll be hanging their own geometric canvases on display!
In the end, if you want to keep your child busy and entertained, it’s best to let them do what they love. If they’re interested in drawing or coloring then let them do that! It doesn’t matter if they’re not doing it “correctly” or with the right tools. As long as they are having fun and expressing themselves creatively then it’s all good!
Enjoy this geometric canvas painting for 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 -7 -8 -9 – even 10-year-olds!